Monday, November 5, 2007

Stability issues with ResearchCyc

The next weeks will all be in the name of ResearchCyc.
Unfortunately I crashed my Cyc-installation last week and couldn't get it back up and running till today. Therefore I planned to switch to a Unix-based server system for Cyc.
Well - damn me, but I should have read the instructions carefully. My favourite Linux (debian, that is) wouldn't be able to run ResearchCyc - it's only meant for RedHat and Suse.
Those guys are using some very specific binaries which couldn't be launched on debian etch. Too bad.
Well, I guess I am going back to another virtual Windows machine. Preferable Windows XP - that did work without any problems so far. Well, I still got a couple of hours left here ... that should suffice to get the system up and running.

No comments: