Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Damn I was busy ...

Hey folks,

sorry for not having posted in almost 2 weeks.
I was busy doing stuff which does not directly concern AutoModel.

I finally managed to get Cyc back on track, but my machine is going to kill me. It just takes forever to process. I do need more RAM. And now comes the fun part: My 10months old machine can only handle 2GB of RAM. Well, that is everything but not sufficient for what ResearchCyc demands form my main memory. Too bad.
The 8 core servers in our institute are not useful since Cyc is not running properly under win2k3 or Ubuntu. It does need Win2k/XP or Suse9.x
Again - too bad.

I have updated my mindmap and added some words to my diss.


As for what I am working on in the next few days, that would be:
  • gaining deeper insight in handling inferences with Cyc
  • using the Cyc Java API to handle requests and publish those in a very rudimentary way
  • find out which queries/request would be most helpful while annotating the text.
That should be it for today.

No comments: