Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Work on PhD-Thesis structure

As I already explained yesterday, I am planning my work for the next couple of weeks. First of all, this will include improving/changing/adapting the structure of my thesis as well as incorporating the ideas and feedback I got attending SEKE 2008.
Also, I have to find additional hooks in the requirements engineering "society" where I can plug in with my solution. So far, we are still the only ones with this approach; at least as far as we can tell.

A question I was asked quite a few times during the conference was why I used thematic relations to work with text. Well, matter of fact this was mostly due to that the people working on this part of RE sit right across the hallway from my office. This makes Q&A easier and faster.
Also I think, covering the approach with a complete process from textual specifications to UML (and maybe even to code) is a lot more "life-like" then other variants. So far we have not run into bigger problems and will stick to this approach as long as possible (unless any of you readers does have a perfect argument and objects). If we should bump into bigger obstacles, we certainly would adapt our approach to a more feasible study.

No comments: