Thursday, July 2, 2009

Attending the SEKE 2009 in Boston

I am at the SEKE 2009 in Boston at this very moment.
I have already seen astonishing presentations, i.e. in a good and a bad way.
  • There was a presentation where a girl literally read her slides aloud while watching the screen not even looking at the audience once. I thought this was just a joke about powerpoint madness. Reality can be tough.
  • There was a very nice presentation which included audience interaction with the speaker as well as very easy to grasp examples with hands on experience. The guy used balls which he juggled during his presentation. Pretty good show and his points came across easily. I still remember all the aspects he noted during his presentation. Well, that was really good.
My talk will be tomorrow morning o920am (ET).
Tonight is the banquett dinner which includes a city bus tour and a visit at Harvard. I am looking forward to that.

Have a good week and I'll let you know how the presentation went.

No comments: