Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Giving the Presentation a Garr Reynolds Style

Some of you might have read the book "Presentation Zen" by Garr Reynolds or maybe follow his blog.
I am changing my plain standard presentation (as I laid it out last week) into a Garr-style presentation. I expect it to fulfill a couple of serious jobs for me while I present one year's work in about 25 minutes. These jobs are:
  • get the attention of the audience though they might already be exhausted from the 2 days prior conference presentations they have seen
  • transport my message, i.e. giving them a profound and understandable overview of what I have done within the last 12 months of research
  • get them excited for the subject so that I can gather valuable feedback and comments
  • stick out of the masses (which I personally think is always good)
  • get more attendants to read my actual article in the conference proceedings
Other possible options are:
  • win the best-paper award because of the presentation
  • get offered a million dollar job because of that presentation
  • ... fill in any possible dream you might have ...
Well, that's it for this week's funny story. I am off for the holiday and travel to Switzerland after that.
The proposal has to wait a couple of more days.

I wish you the best. Cya.

No comments: